Thursday, April 28, 2011

Disaster...

Never would I think somewhere so close to me would look like this...in a matter of 24 hours...
April 27, 2011 at 4:00 AM my roommate woke me and told me the tornado sirens were going off. So we went out in the common room and waited.Then they came and got us to go downstairs.Keep in mind im SCAREDDDDDD of storms.Like could have peed on myself (almost did). So we waited it out and finally got to go back to bed.
Wake up at 7:40 (when my alarm goes off) and I had a LIONALERT saying classes were cancelled for the day. So, I went back to sleep for a few more hours. We went downstairs 3 more times that day. We watched as the tornado took up part of Marshall County (my home). Heartbreaking. Later in the day it took Cullman, Athens, Limestone County, Phil Campbell, and then Tuscaloosa. Words can't and don't describe what I saw on television that day. The pictures are unreal. It feels like a dream.
My thoughts and prayers go out to every city, family, and person affected.


With Love,
Anna Gail
Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment